Job Title: Operations Manager
Company: BBG Ventures
Location: New York, NY
BBG Ventures is looking for a sharp, curious Operations Manager who loves syncing the clocks and keeping the trains running on time. This role will support the Managing Partners on a day-to-day basis and engage across all functions of the partnership at BBGV — including investments, portfolio, community, and back office. The star candidate for this role thrives on both operationalizing for efficiency and connecting the dots. It’s this unique combination of organization and intuition that enables you to supercharge the work of the partners, staying two steps ahead of what’s coming up. And, you’re excited by start-ups and how today’s founders are using technology to reshape the way we live.
This role is not a pathway into the investment team. It does, however, combine the analytical rigor of an operations guru, executive support & relationship-building of an EA, and 30,000 ft. view of a Chief of Staff — providing the Operations Manager with a unique look into how a venture fund is run.
Day-to-Day Managing Partner (MP) Support — Use your keen ability to prioritize, and your intuition to:
- Support partners on managing the deal flow pipeline, ensuring the right meetings and calls get priority and timely passes are sent
- Monitor and manage partners’ calendars so important meetings never come as a surprise. You need to be tactical and strategic by keeping a 2–3 week outlook and thinking backwards to understand where MPs need to focus their time, what needs lead time or prep, and the ecosystem of important stakeholders.
- Manage speaking opportunities for MPs and pull together initial talking points.
- Create/improve both professional and personal time management systems.
Team Ops — Act as the cross-functional glue in the team as you:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the office, onboard new hires, and carry the company culture.
- Stay in the know about what’s going on in the firm, maintaining a list of key decisions MPs need to make each day, so we can be nimble in decision making and unblock the rest of the team.
Investment Ops — Apply strategic thinking and your growing knowledge of venture capital to:
- Manage closing checklists for investments, including wire and legal documents.
- Improve and maintain our investment CRM (Streak) and filing system on behalf of MPs.
Portfolio & Community Ops — Dive into the female founder ecosystem and work with Head of Platform to:
- Coordinate event logistics for BBGV founder ecosystem.
- Proofread LP letters, decks, and newsletters; with the opportunity to grow into writing more of our external comms.
- Manage and facilitate angel syndicates and SPVs.
- Assist in management of BBGV Expert Network.
Back Office Ops — Apply your attention to detail and:
- Manage regulatory filings, AP invoices and team expenses.
- Support, and eventually own, data collection for quarterly updates, audit and K-1s with our Fund Admin.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is organized, detail-oriented, process-driven and intuitive.
- Can apply strategic thinking to prioritize the most important tasks that drive the most value.
- Is able to juggle multiple responsibilities and drive projects from conception to execution.
- Is interested in technology and startups (because passion + context = unstoppable).
- Has strong writing skills and social media savvy.
- Is self-motivated with dedicated work ethic and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Has strong people/interpersonal skills: while you will be working directly with the internal BBG Ventures team, you will also be a line of communication between us and the outside world, potentially speaking with portfolio companies, entrepreneurs, other VCs
- 2+ years experience in a fast-paced office environment as an assistant or operations associate
- Process oriented, extremely organized and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (incl. Excel) & Google Docs
- Nice to have: Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Canva, CMS
About BBG Ventures
BBG Ventures is an early-stage fund backing big ideas that will transform the way we live tomorrow. We focus on female founders who intuitively understand the dominant consumer and use that understanding to address the collective or lived experience of the 99%. Today’s world calls for VCs who embrace societal shifts and can support founders as they transform those shifts into a tidal wave of change. Tomorrow’s founders are poised to do giant things. We’re here to give them that first, crucial investment.
We look for companies that drive systems change, create 10x better consumer solutions, or address new buying behaviors across some of the biggest categories of consumer spending that are ripe for reinvention: Health and Wellbeing, Future of Education and Work, Climate Friendly Products and Platforms, Overlooked and Emerging Consumers.